Thursday, September 2, 2010

1.

Anyone who has heard me talk about Radio 4 will know that Desert Island Discs is my favourite program. Now, over the years I wonder each time I listen to the numerous amounts of people interviewed by Kirsty Young, which 8 tracks I would choose to take to a desert island. I think I have found number one however. The Mingulay Boat song is an old shanty song sang by fishermen when they came home from the Atlantic to Mingulay. It's a beautiful song which I have always associated with camp, as I first heard it on FSC. Port Isaac's Fishermen's Friends sing a fantastic version which warms the cockles of my heart. I will therefore allow this version as number one on my Desert Island Disc list. Now for the other seven...well, I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment