Friday, February 24, 2012

Goa

After a week or so in Kerala, it was time for us to move on further North to Goa! We took a 20 hour coach ride up to Panjim. Our plan was to head to Anjuna and hop from beach to beach until we reached Palolem. Anjuna for me was a massive disappointment and not somewhere I wanted to spend my hard earned money and precious time. The beach was dirty, with limited amounts of restaurants with poor menus. Trance music was played everywhere day and night, in shops, cafes, bars, restaurants, internet cafes, bedrooms, it was everywhere. To me it was like a run-down, wannabe-hippie festival. Horses for courses though, it just wasn't my scene. We had heard good things about Palolem, the backpackers paradise and decided to head straight there.




And oh my, what a delight it was to arrive here! Palolem beach is a huge stretch of palm trees lining a white sandy beach with blue blue waters. Behind all the bars and restaurants there are little beach huts dotted in and out of the palm trees, which everyone stays in. We ended up staying just over a week here, as the routine of lazy breakfast, sunbathing, swimming, dinner, drinking, bonfires began to kick in, we couldn't bring ourselves to tear away! Whilst we were here we met some amazing people, ate some amazing food (HOME restaurant in particular was absolutely delicious, I've put a couple of pics below to show you the delicious-ness of it all), got tanned and just had a thoroughly relaxing time. We were very sad to leave, but it was time to head to Hampi. I was excited, I'd heard great things...




No comments:

Post a Comment