Monday, June 11, 2012

Honey, I'm Home.

I'm baaaack. Yes, my travels are officially over as of Friday and on this rainy, cold Tuesday morning in June (Summer who?!), it's all starting to sink in. So I have been sifting through and editing all my pictures from all the places I went and reflecting on my time away. I don't know how to sum it up really. Incredible? Amazing? Mind-blowing, yes all these things but also, ridiculous, crazy, exhausting, hard, challenging, marvellous, hilarious, sad and happy, I mean the list is endless.

So let's start with Thailand. I was in this beautiful country for just over two weeks with Eddie and we had an incredible time. The Thai people are so laid back and happy and everything we did was so easy and enjoyable. From crazy Bangkok (buckets, street food, lady boys, ping pong, markets) to Full Moon on Ko Phangan to the beautiful island of Phi Phi, Thailand was a mixture of utter peaceful beauty and absolute chaos. It was so much fun. Favourite memories were on Phi Phi, watching the storms with a cold Chang in our hands from the shelter of our balcony listening to Foals. It was Mine and Eddie's first real holiday away together and it was amazing. No stress or arguments, all memories are pure and happy.













So after Thailand, Amy and I headed to Kuala Lumpur. This city was such a contrast. It had all the big shopping malls, full of designer brands, all the latest technologies, some of the tallest skyscrapers in the world, and yet behind all this was the real KL, the Food Streets lined with endless stalls of Nasi Lemak, Frog Porridge and other delights. The city has some beautiful parks and gardens with terrific skylines of the city. My highlight was visiting the Petronas Towers by night, they are just breath taking. 








From KL, we got the bus to Singapore. We were only meant to come for a day or so as we had to fly from here to Australia, but Amy's friend from home was there at the same time so we left KL a bit earlier. I spent most of Singapore on my own, walking around the city. I went to the Singapore Flyer, down to the River, saw the F1 track, went shopping in Orchard Road, explored down by Raffles Place. It was a cool city, but definitely not a backpackers place, or indeed a place to be with no money! On our last day, Amy and I explored Raffles Hotel together which was fun and very posh! 












No comments:

Post a Comment